Mon - Sat: 10am - 9pm
Mon - Fri: 7:30am - 10pm
Saturday: 11am - 10pm
One Knit Design, Many Versions DVD
||Quantity in Basket:
Knitting Daily Workshop: One Knit Design, Many Versions DVD
This 2-disc workshop is the ultimate guide to knitwear pattern and garment making!
Learn how to make knitwear modifications for a design that truly fits!
Join knitwear designer and author Mathew Gnagy on this knitting workshop that explores pattern modifications. Learn what makes a pattern a strong contender for changes, how to make changes to a pattern, and what changes should be made to a pattern so you have a useful garment that fits correctly.
Mathew Gnagy guides you through this workshop with easy-to-understand explanations of making pattern modifications without altering the original design aesthetic.
With One Knit Design, Many Versions with Mathew Gnagy, you’ll learn:
• What areas of each design need to be swatched and measured to incorporate modifications
• How to accurately measure a variety of fabrics including ribbings, cables, and other pattern stitches
• How to define the finished dimensions of a design to make a paper schematic or draft
• Specific stitch and row calculations for your modifications
• Unique finishing techniques that can make or break a design
• And more!
Plus! Mathew will supply step-by-step instruction and give visual examples of various designs knit in different ways. You'll also have a free pattern for the Constanza Shrug to practice making modifications.
So, whether you’re simply modifying a sweater with a yarn substitution or completely changing the shape and neckline of a pattern, this workshop video will arm you with the knowledge and helpful tips and tricks to creating a garment that is perfect for you.
Run Time: Approximately 158 minutes